Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Welcome

Welcome to Management Patterns. This blog is all about the types of behaviours that make for good managers and leaders, and those that make for bad managers. I am not a management scientist or professional student of management. However, I have led a variety of teams in a number of organisations and, of course, have at the same time been led and managed. The patterns I describe here are based on my own observations and reflections, and are representative of my own experiences in particular teams, at particular companies, in a particular industry. The experience of others may vary, and I'd be very interested to engage with readers on their own observations of management patterns.

In the meantime: I hope you get something useful out of this blog, and don't be afraid to comment! I'll try to keep to a reasonably regular schedule, publishing at least once a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment